Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

RPG Original Character Cosplay Competition!

a topic in Announcements, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Announcements are made here! You can read the archive or browse the latest.

Please vote for the person you think portrayed their character best:

Poll ended at Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:44 pm

WorthlessEncounters as Tristan
No votes
x as x
No votes
x as x
No votes
x as x
No votes
to be edited :P
No votes

Total votes : 0

RPG Original Character Cosplay Competition!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:20 pm

Just think, you go out for Halloween as a complete individual, one of your OWN characters, and you look so awesome and epic, you get twice as much candy and win contests without even having to enter.. xD

Also, please note, you do not need money to do this, honestly you don't. I'm sure you might have some random things lying around, heck you could make a costume out of a blanket xD! You also do not have to choose an existing character, if you want to create a character for the sole purpose of this cosplay or something feel free! :)

The basics:

Well, for those who do not know, a cosplayer is someone who dresses up as a character from a movie, anime film, TV show, video game, etc for contests, conventions, or just for fun.
There are, however, no cosplays for Original character created by US!
So!
Here's the competition!
I challenge you, all of YOU, to pick your favorite or most developed character from RPG and make them REAL. How do you do this? Well, you make a costume/suit/outfit/whatever that you will wear and take a picture of. Go nuts with it! Use props! Scenery! Make items out of scratch, weld together a sword for all I care! Have fun with it! Be creative, and most of all, make the character come to LIFE the way YOU see them!

What's in for Me?!

Well, what's in it for you, you ask? I'll tell you!

Not only do you get an awesome and fun experience out of this, but you also get the chance to be voted on by all of your friends and co-members here on RPG. If you get the most votes, you'll win:
-A customized edition of you submitted photo to truly portray everything you can not show, in a choice of: Avatar, signature, or even a book cover. (Go for the book cover it's epic!)
-The glory of being known as the best original character cosplayer on the site
-A load of fun
-And maybe if I can think of something awesome I'll do that too XD

When do I have to do this by?!

Starting from now, October 25 you have until November 15'th to submit entries for the actual competition! However, if you want to submit photos after the competition deadline, feel free! If we can get submissions by November 1'st we will be able to hold a mini-poll and announce those winners at The All Hallow's Eve Ball. :)

How do I/what do I need to enter?

When you enter or post in general, you will need either a link to your character's profile page, or a detailed description of their appearance in your eyes. You will also need a photo of a picture of the costume itself and optionally (highly recommended) yourself dressed as the character.
HOW TO VOTE!!!

The voting poll will NOT be posted until the end of the competition!! What I will do is go back when the competition is over and put up a poll with a voting option for each submission in which other members will be able to vote for their favorite. At the end of the poll, the three first place winners will be picked and allowed to choose the prize they desire.

Have fun! Don't be afraid to give it a try!
Last edited by ShatteredSoul on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Please rate my posts, as I work very hard and diligently on them, and well, I'd like my reputation rating to be a reflection of that.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: RPG Original Character Cosplay Competition!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:00 pm

Actually, for the past few years, every year on Halloween I choose one or another of the characters from my novels as my costume selection. In 2007, I was Natalie Elisabeth Schultz, an FBI counter-terrorism agent with Asperger's Syndrome. In 2008, I was Tahira Ali, an FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitive. This year, I will be Evan S. Drummond, the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, who in my novel Starless Sky personally prosecutes Tahira Ali at her five month long trial.

And every year, I collect for Unicef! I have a party of at least several people joining me this year in my endeavors, and we are all going costumed!!!

Yes, I am insane. :) But in the best way possible. For are not all writers at least somewhat addled in the head? Never you mind. But there you go. Anyhow, I won't be posting a photo of myself on the Internet, just thought this was cool and vaguely relevant to my Halloween story? Yeah. You won't be seeing photos of Ylanne Sorrows on the Internet any time soon.
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:37 pm

Lol awesome! Well, just to inform you, the rules have been altered. Instead a picture of the costume is required and a picture of yourself (though highly recommended) is optional!

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yumiko on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:24 pm

is anyone is on ? even for the compotino i guess! for halloween!
i just wanted to wish u a happy halloween! you know! :D :D :D w a hugz!
Last edited by Yumiko on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It dosent matter which sides ,you join just go for it!

Yumiko
Member for 15 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:02 pm

I will be posting my cosplay costume today along with me in it.
Though I do not own the fedora anymore... It should have to suffice. I just have to find a long sleeved shirt and I should be fine.
This wind you talk of blows us from ourselves.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:30 pm

Okey :)

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijun13 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:02 pm

I'll probably be joining this. It looks like fun! But what if I'm also cosplaying as a character from a preexisting manga/anime? Can I post pictures of that or just the original character?
FRIENDS: Will look at you like you're crazy when you tell them you're an alien from outerspace.
BEST FRIENDS: Will break you out of the loony bin and drive you to New Mexico to meet up with the mothership.

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
Who was the first person to say "See that chicken over there... I'm gonna eat the first thing that comes out of its butt"?

Seijun13
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raven Lyer on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:18 pm

Heh.. I've already done a cosplay of my character a few times before, but sadly I no longer have the expensive coat that I needed...

Raven Lyer
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:36 pm

Haha, it's alright Sage you don't need it to be perfect ^.^
Seijun: I would prefer the original character competition-wise, but if you post pictures of both that'll be cool too ^.^

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby victim130 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:54 pm

LOL I just need to post a picture of me. That is if I wish to be Brendan a character made to look like me... Brendan... I do however want to cosplay as Fragment / Valac. I will look into this lol I think it would be very amazing and fun.

victim130
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightze on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:28 pm

Much fun! I always have enjoyed a challenge during Hollow's Eve! Muwahaha now to piece myself together!

"Look mom is something the whole family can do!"

^.^ Probably have everything by Halloween night so I will post it up by the 1st of November
ImageImage

Nightze
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barney_fife on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:45 pm

I'll probably cosplay as Raphael, and try to con my girlfriend into cosplaying as one of his Marine counterparts. I'll set to work, and probably post a pic by Halloween.
Nip it in the bud.

barney_fife
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Maiden Voyager Group Theory Property Buyer Person of Interest Cult Leader Hordemaster Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Beta Tester Storyteller Greeter Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:41 pm

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!