Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Forum Notes and Rules

a topic in Character Journals, a part of the RPG forum.

If you want to create a journal for your character, use this forum.

Forum Notes and Rules

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby Hilde on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:41 pm

Character journals and logs can be a lot of fun, but keep in mind that this library of journals and logs contains journals from all different universes, styles of RPGs, and may contain references to other characters so naturally we'd like to keep it somewhat organized.

Like your character profiles, we'd like you to label which character's journal or log you are scribing, and what RPG or universe you are referencing. There should be an opening post or even paragraph showing this label inside your journal as well as a tag on the outside displaying:

[Character Name] Title of Journal

So if you have a character that plays in several different universes, in your opening paragraph you'll want to include which universe this journal is from. That sounds easy enough, right? I hope so.

In classic Dungeons and Dragons it was common for at least one player in the party to create and keep a journal or a log of their travels and stories. This is how legends began, heroes were recognized, and history books were written. It started with the character log, an exact record (though probably embellished a little) of the events that occurred during their travels. These journals could be sold at the local shops to wannabe adventurers, old time retired green grocers, and hopeful children looking for a fun story to tell their friends.

We encourage you to create a "side story" of your favorite RPGs and let the readers and fans see what your character declined to share during the story, because let's face it, we can't put pages and pages of internal dialogue in a fast paced RPG. Get creative, stretch a little, and most importantly have fun!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

Hilde
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Tipworthy

Re: Forum Notes and Rules

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deathreaper on Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:52 pm

I dunno if I breaking the rules when I asking the question, but is it possible to do a double post in here? I mean, for example I posted something from the journal of my character but for long time no one reply my post and I cannot continue, and I don't want this to be all in one post, is it possible to do a double?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Deathreaper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thekherham on Fri May 22, 2009 11:53 am

I started a journal a while back but I deleted it because no one replied to it, and you can't do a double post, so all you can do is wait and wait until somebody replies to your post. That is why a lot of character journals have only the original post.
Never mind a signature.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Thekherham
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dämonmensch on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:43 am

You would think, this being a journal, you would be allowed to double post and treat it almost like a blog. In something like this, having to wait for someone to reply would take too long and highly discourage people from doing this. If you can not double post in your own character journal, where it's expected, than there doesn't seem to be much point in making one in the first place.

Jeunne Sorcellerie: A place where magic and war mesh together. Enroll today. [OOC]

Dämonmensch
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thekherham on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:28 pm

I'm thinking of starting another journal, but I'm not so sure. Checking the forum 'Character Journal' I find that players have written one post, and that's it. Journal is dead, finished, and all because no one has replied to their original post. So what do you do? What Do You Do??? (Dennis Hopper in 'Speed' comes to mind here.) Well, all you can do is go back, hit the edit button, and keep adding and adding, and hope that someone will comment on your post. Then, and only then, can you write another post.

Do I really want to do this?

Thekherham
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaos_Rose on Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:02 pm

Erm... you could just edit the original post, right? Add a page break or something?

Chaos_Rose
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:03 pm

No more angsting over double-posting in your character journal threads! Thanks to Eric's magic, users can now double-post in threads that they've created, and staff members can do it wherever they want.

Now get out there and blog make a journal, people!

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!