Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Role Play of the Year: 2007

a topic in Announcements, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Announcements are made here! You can read the archive or browse the latest.

Role Play of the Year: 2007

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:29 pm

With four days remaining in 2007, I have finally come to a determination as to the winner of Role Play of the Year.

The Group Home

The Group Home is a well-thought out story, with excellent writing (sans some random, unrelated interjections) that kept my mind focused on the story, and I applaud Ingrid, Nils, and Miyumi on that count. I would also like to highlight the use of dialog in the story, which is natural and frequent. Rather than burying the reader in banality, I get to peer into the lives of the characters, as should always be the case. I hope to see this story brought to a conclusion in the near future.

At any rate, congratulations.

On a related topic, I am accepting volunteers for next year's Role Play of the Year project. They will be responsible for keeping tabs on all RPs on the forum, beginning January 1, 2008. Please, do not volunteer if you suspect you will not have time to dedicate to the project.

Thanks again,
--Circ
conditio sine qua non

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Re: Role Play of the Year: 2007

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nils on Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:02 am

I can't believe I called my character "Dr. Birdie," lawl. I was just so adamant about squeezing the hell out of that magpie motif. Even "Vogelsang" means "bird song." I was so obsessed...

By the way, Circ. You are insane. You actually read through all of the RPGs on Gateway? How did you even find Group Home, lol. It's so old I thought it became archived. I thought this topic would have gone to one of those RPGs like Kelante or Delphi... Almost Modern Fantasy wasn't too bad, now that I think of it...

Nevertheless, thanks for giving Group Home a chance. If I were on the Roleplay of the Year crew, I would have dismissed it based on the first page!

Jeez, I definitely want to finish this RPG now. I still have the notes for where I wanted the plot to go, new characters. I even wrote the conclusion: Albert Vogelsang DIES. </end spoiler>. I'm going to PM those two now.

Thanks again, Circ :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nils
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:36 am

Nils: I read through all the RPs in The Metaverse, Everything Else, and Realistic. I enlisted slave labor to conquer Fantasy, Futuristic, and Fiction-based, compliments of Edge, Ryand-Smith, Edge, and Azmodai2, although it is my understanding that a substantial portion of Fantasy and Fiction-based went unrecognized due to the sheer volume of posts.

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:08 pm

-flops over-

I'M FREE!!! -=runs around screaming happily=-

Yes... Fantasy is a huge section to cover... and much thanks goes to those who helped read through it. Because let's be honest.... it's not exactly the best roleplaying forum.

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:24 pm

Do you ever award Rasberries?

Congratulations to the winners! I started reading at page one and I thought, "Wow! This is emersive. I wish I could do something like this."

I only read a bit of it, but I loved Ingrid's work especially.
Miyumi's setup was elegantly simplistic and covered all the important details.

Many players used lots of formatting in the text, but I couldn't figure out why some was bold and some was plain. Is this an RP style I haven't been exposed to?

quidhala
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:18 am

Quid, it is just an "" and OOC: tag that some players put around their post. Pretty much just preference.

Circ
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:12 pm

What a cool idea; congrats.
As you recall, you know I love to show off,
But you never thought that I would take it this far.
What do you know?

Fancy a Butcher's?

aeleon
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:26 pm

Edge wrote: Because let's be honest.... it's not exactly the best roleplaying forum.

/truth

There's some decent stuff in between all the vampires.
I think.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:14 pm

And I have seen, albeit rarely, really cool vampire characters - ones that are human, but afflicted. You know? When someone gets it right, the vampire can be super interesting to read about.

In my opinion, Anne Rice killed it. But that's for another topic. :]

aeleon
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:15 am

::is speechless for once::

Thank you.

::Is totally with Nils on finishing it::

Whee!

miyumi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!