Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

New Color Schemes!

a topic in Announcements, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Announcements are made here! You can read the archive or browse the latest.

What is YOUR new style?

RPGateway Default (Blue)!
23%
RPGateway Gray
23%
RPGateway Green
36%
RPGateway Red
18%

Total votes : 22

New Color Schemes!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:45 am

Well, we've just deployed the first set of our new color schemes.

You can change your default by going to your user control panel, then going to board preferences. You'll see a field there titled "My Board Style", select your style, click the button at the bottom that says "Submit", and voila!

I hope everyone enjoys. :lol:
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Re: New Color Schemes!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:29 am

I prefer the blue, Eric. As I have always done.

I did, obviously, check all the new ones out. And here is my feedback...

Grey - Looks too much like a black and white monitor.

Green - A little too GREEN for my liking. Te he he :P

Red - This seems a little broken to me to be honest, which is why I didn't choose it. Unlike the green, it doesn't 'paint' the ENTIRE screen in red, and leaves you with some grey sections on the page. It gives the appearance of something not quite finished.

But, hey, that's just MY two cents' worth. And I AM biased for the default phpBB3 because I love it.

Peace.

Lord Saladin
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:43 pm

Gray: ARGH! I thought it would look like the old rpgateway! Not this... dreary rainy-day grayishness!

Green: MY EYES! THEY BURN!

Red: A little weird... but better than the blue. I'll keep it. At least until Eric comes to his senses and gives us the black + gray option back. =P

miyumi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:38 pm

Red did have a bug, and that has since been resolved. Look forward to more color releases in the near future. :)

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:54 pm

Oooo, much better. But I'm still waiting for black + gray. Silver it was called back then, wasn't it?

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:58 am

I am sure that I would also go with a black grey sort of thingy, however I have left red simply because it didn't irritate me enough to want to change to something else.

Grim

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:09 pm

I agree, I crave the goth dark theme of the last GWing release. This gray has low contrast and is overall fairly boring. It also seems the fonts are smoother on the default theme.

Still, I like my monochromatic themes! :)
conditio sine qua non

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:23 pm

You changed the green. x_x THANK GOD. It's worthy, now.

Kasurin
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:44 pm

While the green is better... still not as nice as the red.

And NOTHING WILL BEAT THE OLD SILVER!

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:06 am

Alright. Quick run down before I head for work.

1) Blue: I've never been a fan of default templates. So yeah..

2) Gray: It almost looks kind of tan-ish/brown to me. Either way I wouldn't use it. Too bland, and...blah.

3) Green: Makes me want to stab my own eyes out with a spoon. ...'Nuff said.

4) Red: Well, as red is *my* color (yes, it belongs to me), I'm all for this one. My only problem with it is that when there are new posts, the icons blend into the layout background, and I can't really tell the difference. Does that make any sense?

Okay, anyway. Gotta run.
Taa!
"Spartans! Prepare for glory!"

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:44 pm

;_; I will stay true to my green. MY GREEN.

Though, the default blue is really refreshing anywayz. Gray is too emo for me. x_x The red.. Well, I have even tried the red, yet.

Kasurin
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:06 pm

I personally prefer the gray color scheme, considering the simplistic style of it.

The green looks like a John Deere Tractor forum. It just needs a yellow background and next thing you know we're talking about the latest tractor/mower models.

The red is too bright. I was hoping for a bolder, more defined and darker shade of red. It hurts my eyes in ways that the sun hurts my eyes when I stare at it long enough.

Appearance doesn't matter to me. I look at the content of a forum, not its general appearance. But that's just me.

Jader
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haruka_Tenou on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:32 pm

Red: Not my friend. It hurt my eyes so I pushed it away.

Green: Go Sylthrin!! xD If it was the release day exactally of Harry Potter I would have it as my background. On an avarage day however..The pain..The pain.. x_x;;

Blue: I have become bored with the blue... o.o;

Grey: Win's. For now. At least it doesn't stab into my eyeballs and cause bleeding.

I will keep my eyes open and waiting for new colors and such. I happen to agree with the whole missing the black background. That was nice upon the eyes. =) For now I will just hop about between Grey and Blue.

Haruka_Tenou
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor Concierge Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:28 pm

Blue is tres coo'.

And according to feng shui of the website kind blue and white is just right. Winds and rivers of prosperity and stuff, you know.

The red conjures the bad karma of a setting sun. Do you want the sun of fortune to set on this site? DO YOU? And cast it into eternal night, sparse posting, incorrigible n00bs, and inactivitiness?!

Gray totally represents earth and that evokes the energy malo of rocks and dams and constipation, which leads to suffering, which comes from hate, which emerges from anger, which is the child of fear, and y'all know that FEAR IS THE PATH TO THE DARK SIDE. Well, er, back to the rocks and dams part: Gray is damming (lul) the site to bad feng shui! Damning, I say!

And the green, well, forget what feng shui says, but I like the green. It's minty! And going green is totally trendy nowadays anyway.
Love,
Dovelina Ophelia Vitriana Emmeline Yvesson IV

Dovey
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!