Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Featured Article of the Week!

a topic in The Library, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

An organized archive of roleplaying guides, including step-by-step, how-to, and general essays on theory.

Featured Article of the Week!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu May 04, 2017 4:43 pm

Welcome, RPG Library browsers!

There are a lot of articles in here. Some of them are dated, some of them are quite recent, and many of them are very good. But it's near-impossible to read everything, particularly when you have other things to do, and so your friendly neighborhood admin (that's me) is going to curate for you.

Aren't I just wonderful?

...Don't answer that.

But in all seriousness, there's some great stuff in here, but like any library, ours is full of more material than anyone will ever actually get around to reading. So my goal is to run weekly features, where I dig up an article from somewhere in our archives, dust it off a little, and present it to you, ripe for consumption. I'll also keep a running tally here in this thread of what articles were featured when, as well as a short synopsis of what they covered.

If you've an interest in writing an article for the library, please feel free to send a PM. I'd be happy to feature new stuff as well as old stuff, particularly if it's not covered by the old stuff.

Happy reading.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Featured Article of the Week!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu May 04, 2017 4:48 pm

Featured Articles So Far:

• Week of May 4, 2017 - How to Fite Nao, by ColeMaibara: A newbie-friendly guide to RP combat; more handbook on etiquette and common pitfalls than guide to T1 or other "official" systems.
  • Week of May 11, 2017 - RPG Terms and Glossary, by Darkness is My Soul: A short overview of some of the most common RP terms and bits of slang.
  • Week of May 18, 2017 - Breathing Life Into Characters, by Kunoichi26: A multi-part exercise in character creation.
  • Week of Jun 1, 2017 - Organizing Information Effectively, by Marionette: Tips and hints for basic front-page tab/info thread organization. Good for beginning GMs especially.
  • Week of Jun 17, 2017 - The Purpose of a Roleplay Post, by Lord Saladin: A short guide on elements worth including in the typical RP post, helpful for those stuck at a few sentences.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!